My focus is on creating safe spaces for my clients, especially the young people in general, girls, women and children in particular. I strive to provide as far as possible broad mental health care that empowers individuals to exist in the communities they live in. Clients bring in their strenghts, and solutions hence the need to use these as anchors for a better life going forward. Most clients have resilience and my objective is always to elevate the strenghs they bring to the therapy room, without undermining the pain and trauma presented, albeit virtual, it still is a pscychotherpy room/space.
My approach in therapy is anchored in Cognitive Beharioural Therapy approach and Positive Psychology, while indeed respecting the past experiences, the use of psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy in instances where there is a need for catharsis is not ignored. Am competent in use of Sesotho, Xhosa, isiZulu and Setswana, English.
Clients need safe spaces to feel heard and understood, and to feel safe, hence I offer pre - intake interviews to establish contact and provide space for my new clients-to reflect on a good fit for effective healing.
- Session Fee: R850 per session
- Couples Session Fee: R950 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Electronic Funds Transfer
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Discovery Health
I charge in line with the stipulated codes as set out by the Board of medical scheme and insurance, however cash payments are most welcome.
Email me or call 087 250 0592 x93 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 27 Years
- Membership: Health Professions Council of South Africa / Educational Psychologist
- Training: Educational Psychology; Career Counselling; / 1994
I have a extensive experience on how not to squander one's life opportunities. This is the lesson no university taught me; Ready to share.
- Certificate: CRR Global / Fundamentals of Organisation and relationship Systems coaching / 2012
- Certificate: The Terence Watts Brainworking Recursive Therapy SA. / BrainWorking recursive therapy level 1 and level 2 / 2022
- Behavioural Issues
- Self Esteem
- Anger Management
- Antisocial Personality
- Career Guidance
- Coping Skills
- Developmental Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Life Coaching
- Oppositional Defiance (ODD)
- School Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- group therapy
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
I also speak: Northern Sotho, Sesotho, Tswana, Xhosa and Zulu
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Brainworking Recursive Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Play Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Penelope N Tyawa