I believe that parents/caregivers are not only their child's first teachers, but often their best therapists. I seek to support parents (biological, adoptive, step, foster) and families of all types as they navigate the often-challenging work of nurturing and supporting the children in their care. I believe in helping parents to "secure their own oxygen masks before assisting others," by providing a safe space for parents to explore their own identities, values, challenges and experiences as caregivers. I am also experienced at providing practical guidance to parents facing challenging moments with their children.
Every parent, child and family is different, and the unique challenges they face call for an individualized approach to each. My work is informed by my background in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
I am particularly interested in supporting families working to co-parent during/after parental separation, and LGBTQ+ parents/families.
- Session Fee: $150 per session
Accepted Insurance Plans
- ASR Health Benefits
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Cigna and Evernorth
- Cofinity | First Health
- HAP | Health Alliance Plan of Michigan
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Prelicense: Michigan / 6362009304
- Supervisor: Laura Hutchison
- Supervisor License: Michigan / 6301013109
As a Nationally-Certified School Psychologist, I have ongoing experience supporting students with ADHD, SLD, ASD and other disabilities.
- Certificate: Michigan Department of Education / SP0000001005572
- Certificate Date: 2019
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- School Issues
- Testing and Evaluation
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Play Therapy