Sophia Mai currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Are you a perfectionist? A high achiever? But despite how much you have accomplished, you still feel that you are hindered by low self-esteem and lack of confidence? Struggle with asking for help? I understand how isolated you may feel when you are not able to get the help you need. Isolation leads to feelings of loneliness and that heavy feeling of loneliness is such a huge burden to carry. Imagine working with a warm, compassionate, and validating therapist, who can hold your hand and walk you through the process of untangling the stories of your life, making the unconscious conscious, and helping you become your authentic self.
While I have expertise in many therapeutic approaches, I believe in tailoring therapy to my clients, because everyone is unique. I specialize in working with high-achieving individuals and those of multi- ethnic, cultural, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds.
I believe therapy is a collaborative teamwork and I look forward to working with you to untangle the stories of your life, help you regain your confidence, and develop healthy relationships with others.
- Cost per Session: Up to $222
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Paypal, Venmo, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Oscar Health
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
I'd be happy to provide a superbill for out-of-network reimbursement and may take other insurance plans in the future.
Email me or call (609) 849-5532 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 9 Years
- License: New Jersey / 37PC00829500
- School: University of Pennsylvania
- Year Graduated: 2015
- License No. and State: PC010902 PA Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors
- Certificate: EMDR Institute / EMDR Basic Training
"Talking to Sophia is such a wonderful experience! She listens so deeply and with such kindness. She has a way of offering insight that is so gentle but can completely open up new ways of seeing oneself. Highly recommend!"
"It's my absolute pleasure to recommend Sophia. She is professional, resourceful, and knowledgeable, while very personable and relatable."
- Emotion Regulation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Identity issues as 1st/2nd generation Americans
- Alcohol Use
- Bipolar Disorder
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Peer Relationships
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Racial Identity
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Mood Disorders
I also speak: Cantonese and Mandarin
- Elders (65+)
- Non-Binary Allied
- Open Relationships Non-Monogamy
- Racial Justice Allied
- Single Mother
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical Behavior (DBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma Focused