Sarah Hilsman currently has a waitlist for new clients.
I come to the practice of counseling after many years working in student services in a university setting. I find (as the research continues to show) that the most important element of effective counseling is the connection between client and counselor—we will work collaboratively. I draw on many approaches including but not limited to client-centered, attachment theory, existential therapy, mindfulness, solution-focused, trauma-informed, grief work, EMDR, and internal parts work.
I am in network with Aetna insurance and UHC/Optum and I also take direct pay. Since March of 2020, I am seeing clients exclusively through a HIPAA compliant video platform or by phone. Currently (Spring 2023), I do not have openings for new clients, but I can put you on a wait list.
I am licensed to practice in New York, Connecticut, Maine, Kansas, New Mexico, and registered for on line counseling in Florida and South Carolina.
- Session Fee: $140 per session
- Couples Session Fee: $140 per session
Pay By: Cash, Check, Paypal
Accepted Insurance Plans
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- License: New York / 008639
- License No. and State: CTB-2023-0041 State of New Mexico
- License No. and State: 005403 State of Connecticut
- Life Transitions
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Elders (65+)
- Open Relationships Non-Monogamy
- Queer Allied
Types of Therapy
- Culturally Sensitive
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused