Hi, I am Sandra and a clinical social worker licensed in Maryland, and District of Columbia. I am the founder of Therapy for Solutions which is a private practice offering compassionate and scientifically proven therapies for a wide range of psychological problems like anxiety, depression, mood disorders, personality disorders, and life transition issues for adults. In addition, I have specialized in treating eating disorders for children, adolescents, and adults. I am also certified in a special treatment called Maudsley Family Based Treatment (FBT) which aims to empower parents and caregivers to support their child in recovery.
Finding the right type of therapy or therapist can be challenging. Email me or give me a call. I offer a 15-20 minutes free consultation by phone to answer all your questions, so you can find out whether we are a good fit. After a comprehensive assessment, therapy will be individually tailored to your needs and goals helping you find the life you want.
I understand that different stressors can affected many people's mental health. My style of therapy is empathetic and supportive, providing you with a validating environment where you feel understood. I am accepting new clients during this stressful time.
- Cost per Session: $225 - $250
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa
I am out of network. You receive a monthly Superbill to submit to your insurance for potential reimbursement. Check with your insurance.
Email me or call (240) 800-1288 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 4 Years
- License: Maryland / 23975
- School: University of Maryland. School of Social Work
- Year Graduated: 2018
- Certificate: Training Institute for Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder / Family Based Treatment
- Certificate Date: 2022
- Degree: University of Zürich, Switzwerland / M.Sc.
- Year graduated: 1991
- Eating Disorders
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Behavioral Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Suicidal Ideation
- Weight Loss
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
I also speak: German and Swiss German
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Dialectical Behavior (DBT)
- Family Systems
- Motivational Interviewing
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused