Virtual sessions only. How are you holding up through this pandemic that hit all of us? If you are struggling to adjust, on top of other life issues, please know you are not alone. Life certainly can be very challenging at times. I offer hope, support, personal and professional expertise to those in need, particularly during this time. By using faith (of your own understanding) psychology, experience & resources I help adults, parents & children overcome trauma, grief, addiction, estrangement, alienation & other life struggles. Please reach out for support. You are worth it!
With a compassionate & supportive style, I offer help to those struggling with life experiences. I am fully trained in Gottman for couples (Level 3, Addictions, Trauma and Affair Recovery). I am Level 3 trained and certified on family estrangement and alienation through Josh Coleman. I have a Grief certification through David Kessler.
Experienced w/children (all ages) & families; personally, professionally, & in the public schools. Board approved supervisor. Trained in TF-CBT, CBT+, SMART Recovery, 12 Step Model of addiction, GOTTMAN (Level 3) and Addiction/Trauma/Infidelity, SYMBIS , Positive Parenting Solutions, Estrangement & Alienation with Josh Coleman and Grief with David Kessler.
“We are riding an unprecedented wave with this coronavirus pandemic. I am available via telehealth for support to you and/or your loved ones.”
- Cost per Session: $160 - $200
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
I can provide a super bill for out of network benefits to submit to your insurance for reimbursement according to your plan.
Email me or call (410) 775-4171 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 16 Years
- License: Maryland / 15010
- School: University of Maryland School of Social Work
- Year Graduated: 2006
Certified Grief Educator/Coach with David Kessler Certified Family Estrangement & Alienation with Dr. Josh Coleman
- Certificate: SYMBIS-Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts / SYMBIS.COM
- Certificate Date: 2017
- Certificate: Gottman Level Three and Couples in Addiction, Affairs and Trauma Recovery / GOTTMAN
- Certificate Date: 2018
"Roberta is kind, compassionate and has a lot of experience to shape her clinical work."
Roberta Wasserman's Groups
10 week workbook for parents experiencing family estrangement or alienation with their adult children.
- Trauma and PTSD
- Family Conflict
- Gottman Level 3, Addictions, Trauma & Affairs
- Grief and Family Estrangement/Alienation
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Issues
- Substance Use
- Women's Issues
- Elders (65+)
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- 12 step model of addictions, dual diagnosis, SMART
- Christian Counseling
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method
- Motivational Interviewing
- Strength and evidenced based focus, TFCBT, CBT+
- Trauma Focused