Richard Lee Powell
Occupational Therapist, MA, OTL
I specialize in depression. Depression can be caused by trauma and result in insomnia, trouble concentrating, intrusive thoughts, and irritability. Have you had an accident, been in a violent situation, or were abused ? These are all examples of trauma that need to be addressed.
I fit my approach to you. I want you to feel relief right away from your symptoms. Mindfulness, Somatic Experiencing, and depth work are some of the specialized tools I use along with traditional occupational therapy methods.
My clients range from 12 to 80 years of age and come from different orientations, backgrounds, ethnicity, and religions. Depression, anxiety relief, finding purpose and meaning, or deepening your relationships or spiritual practice are what I help others do.
- Years in Practice: 2 Years
- School: Pacifica Graduate Institue
- Year Graduated: 2014
- License No. and State: 677013 Oregon
- Avg Cost (per session): $50 - $90
- Sliding Scale: Yes
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
Accepted Payment Methods: ACH Bank transfer, American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Oregon Health Plan
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- License No. and State: OT/L Oregon Board of Occupational Therapy
- Degree: Pacific University / B.S.
- Year graduated: 1987
- Degree: University of Oregon / B.S.
- Year graduated: 1984
- Trauma and PTSD
- Emotional Disturbance
- End of life issues and Disability issues
- Men's Issues
- Self Esteem
- Suicidal Ideation
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mood Disorders
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)
- Somatic Experiance
- Trauma Focused
- Video Counseling