Work on your personal issues and concerns in a safe, supportive, and non-threatening environment. We can address a range of issues including depression,anxiety, self-esteem, relationships and creativity for individuals and couples a confidential private setting. During an initial consultation we will work together to develop the approach best suited to your individual needs.
I have practiced psychoanalysis, individual and couples therapy for 35 years. I am a licensed and certified psychoanalyst. I use a multi-modal depth-oriented approach integrated with over 40 years of experience and formal training in eastern contemplative traditions with a specialization in Buddhist practice & study.
I am an award winning poet and author of many articles and several books including "The Zen Impulse and the Psychoanalytic Encounter" and Still Standing: Three Stones Haiku. I am an ordained Zen priest, transmitted meditation teacher and co-founder and director of Two Rivers Zen Community, Narrowsburg, N.Y. and on the Contemplative Studies Project Faculty.
- Session Fee: $140 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer, Cash, Check, Paypal, Venmo
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 37 Years
- License: New York / 000129
- Please note: License state differs from primary location state.
- School: National Psychological Assoc for Psychoanalys
- Year Graduated: 1996
50 years of contemplative practice and training that I bring to the therapeutic encounter
- Certificate: NAAP / Cert Psychoanalyst P961394
- Certificate Date: 1996
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Creativity, Contemplative Processes
- Emotional Disturbance
- Marital and Premarital
- Narcissistic Personality (NPD)
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Contemplative, Realizational
- Imago Relationship Therapy and Counseling
Paul C Cooper