My clients often seek counseling to improve their relationships and examine how they manage decisions. To accomplish this, s/he/they explore what attracts -- and frustrates -- them in family, friendship, work and romantic relationships. Clients explore problem solving, motivation underlying behavior, and career desires. Sometimes clients share painful memories of things done to them, or of things they did that are outside their typical behavior. Clients often discuss depression, anxiety, anger, self-esteem/confidence, relationship conflict, sexuality, polyamory, traumatic experiences and educational choices or career growth.
I help individual clients link current problems to personal history, and understand how both impact current motivation and interpersonal behavior. This includes helping a client unpack trauma, feelings, emotional expression. My strongest asset may be helping a client reconnect with uniqueness and strengths - and move beyond crippling shame or guilt
Choosing a psychotherapist is a very individual decision and leads to a unique relationship. To help both of us decide if I may be the "right fit" for you, I encourage you to telephone me and we'll find time to talk before you schedule a first appointment. If you reach my voicemail when you call: please leave a vmail . It's confidential.
Call Patricia McMahon for a free phone consultation now - (847) 570-0817
- Years in Practice: 28 Years
- School: Illinois School of Professional Psychology (Argosy)
- Year Graduated: 1992
- License and State: 071004775 Illinois
Pay By: Cash, Check
Accepted Insurance Plans
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- I process claims myself for client privacy.
- I provide monthly statements for FSA/HSA filing.
- I will discuss fees with clients who self-pay.
- My credentials are accepted by most PPO policies.
- My services are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid.
- My servicies are not covered by Tricare.
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Degree: Illinois
- Degree: Illinois
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality
- Coping Skills
- Dual Diagnosis
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Transitions
- Multicultrl / Acculturation / Repatriation Issues;
- Narcissistic Personality
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Veterans; Police;
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Bisexual Allied
- Gay Allied
- Lesbian Allied
- Open Relationships Non-Monogamy
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Integrative approach: CBT, Psychodynmc & Humanistc
- Psychoanalytic / Relational approaches
- Trauma Focused