Michael I Bergman
I offer a general counseling practice focusing on using personal strengths to untie psychological knots.
Specialty areas:: * Stress and anxiety * Depression * Self-esteem * Grief and Loss issues. For couples: * Partners working through the inevitable, changing phases of their relationship * Ways divorcing couples can maximize communication and cooperation in raising their children going forward. * Secular pre-marital counseling * Cross-cultural couples. I also teach deep relaxation techniques and guided imagery.
I have specialized experience in the areas of mental health crisis and substance abuse -- especially for adolescents
- License and State: 60446978 Washington
- Cost per Session: $30 - $100
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Cash, Check
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Because I do not take insurance. I try not to
- If you have insurance, your fee would be your
- Turn anyone away due to finances.
- Usual co-pay so you would not be penalized
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Relationship Issues
- Chronic Pain
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Dual Diagnosis
- Marital and Premarital
- Self Esteem
- Substance Abuse
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma and PTSD
I also speak: French and Russian
Faith: Other Spiritual or Religious Affiliations
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family Systems
- Gottman Method
- Online Counseling