I created the 5 CORE Model of counseling to give individuals and couples a whole-health experience. I emphasize a multidimensional aspect of healing, focusing on the 5 aspects of our being: emotional, intellectual, spiritual, physical, and social. We are more than any one of these areas. Rather, we were created to develop all of them, in order for you to be free of anxiety, depression, or anything else that holds you back from living a productive and satisfying life.
I know how to treat anxiety and depression because I suffered from both for years. But with the help of a good therapist, and my own determination, I successfully overcame them. You can, too. Together, we’ll work on developing the techniques and skills you need to alleviate any worry or sadness you may experience some of the time, or every day.
I'm a professional who cares. I use what I learned in my own therapy, plus the experiences I received in my graduate internship, where I was trained by an internationally recognized authority on anxiety disorders, including panic, social phobia, and OCD, as well as generalized anxiety. There, I also developed the skills to effectively treat depression.
- Cost per Session: $125 - $175
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Cigna and Evernorth
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
- Out of Network
For those who do self-pay, I provide a statement you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Email me or call (616) 449-2699 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 10 Years
- License: Michigan / 6401018853
- School: Benedictine University
- Year Graduated: 2012
I know how to treat anxiety and depression because I suffered from both for years. I feel for you and can help you overcome them, as well.
- Degree: Benedictine University / Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Year graduated: 2012
- Degree: Northwestern University / Master of Science in Journalism
- Year graduated: 1992
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Christian Counseling
- Coping Skills
- Family Conflict
- Marital and Premarital
- Men's Issues
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Elderly Persons Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
I also speak: Spanish translation is available.
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Biblical counseling for those who request it.
- Christian Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family / Marital
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)