Mashal Malik currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Sometimes we are faced with difficulties in life and need extra support and guidance. I specialize in working with clients struggling with self-esteem issues and anxiety. I seek to help clients overcome challenges by utilizing their current strengths and resources instead of focusing on weaknesses and deficits. It takes courage to seek therapy and dedication to follow through. My focus will always be on what the client wants from treatment. I want to empower self-growth, improve relationships, and reduce emotional suffering
Each client has unique struggles and their own story. Therefore, treatment will always be individualized based on each client's needs. I typically operate from the premise of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) but will incorporate Acceptance and Commitment, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma-Focused CBT, Prolonged Exposure, and Play Therapy.
I want the client to be able to share their intimate thoughts, sentiments, and experiences in a safe environment without any judgement. I assist clients with building effective skills to overcome challenges and manage uncomfortable symptoms and emotions.
- Session Fee: $150 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Prominence Health Plan
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
- Out of Network
I offer a cash rate of $150. If I am out of network with your insurance we can create a superbill for submission.
Email me or call (775) 243-2520 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 12 Years
- License: Nevada / 6576-C
- School: University of Nevada, Reno
- Year Graduated: 2010
I possess a diverse trauma focused background.
- Certificate: International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc.
- Certificate Date: 2019
- Certificate: Dialectical Behavior Therapy- Willow Springs Center
- Certificate Date: 2012
- Trauma and PTSD
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Coping Skills
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Self Esteem
- Sex Therapy
- Sexual Abuse
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
I also speak: Urdu and Hindi
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing (CPT)
- Dialectical Behavior (DBT)
- Forensic Psychology
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Play Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior (REBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Trauma Focused