Lorraine McKenzie currently has a waitlist for new clients.
My therapeutic philosophy is that it is very possible, with the right kind of support, to recover from most mental health and life challenges. Let’s have a discussion about what you want to achieve, and we can come up with a plan that will help you live your best life. I treat the people I work with as "people first," rather than labels, cases, or subjects. Since I have been involved with healing work, the definitions for "disorders" has continually changed. Because I believe in the absolute and intrinsic beauty and worth of human beings, I'm more likely to frame something as a challenge or a difficulty than as disorder.
One of the nicest things about having been involved in this work for so long is that I've had the privilege to watch people change profoundly when they get the support and encouragement they need. If you work with me, we will spend time reframing whatever "disorder" you believe you have to make your work more precise.
- Cost per Session: $190 - $260
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- PacificSource OHP
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 10 Years
- License: Oregon / L6689
- School: Portland State University School of Social Work
- Year Graduated: 2012
Trained in CBTp, C-RT, and early intervention for psychosis.
- Membership: The North American Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychosis Network
- Membership: The International Society For Psychological And Social Approaches To Psychosis ISPS-US
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Chronic Illness
- Coping Skills
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Intellectual Disability
- Life Coaching
- Life Transitions
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Elderly Persons Disorders
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)