Over 24 years, I have had the privilege to work with young and older adults seeking improvement in relationships, job and school functioning, self awareness and overall quality of life by addressing substance use problems. As Coordinator of Substance Abuse Services at Columbia University Medical Center from 2004-2015, I have cultivated a complex understanding of addiction and offer consultations to identify an appropriate therapy to meet your treatment goals. Initially you will provide a history of your substance use. Understanding its pattern and relationship to your mood allows you to become more knowledgeable thus, empowered, in addressing your addiction.
We will then discuss outcomes of the assessment as well as the benefits and limitations associated with the myriad of treatment options for addictions. Collaboratively we will craft a feasible strategy. I will assist in identifying clinicians or facilities to address your unique needs.
Additionally I offer therapy when requested. I also provide consultation for parents and family members who are seeking direction in engaging their loved one in treatment. I am OASAS/NYS certified as a DUI and DWI provider to conduct screens and assessments for impaired drivers required by the courts.
- Cost per Session: $200 - $250
Pay By: Cash, Check
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Will provide invoice for out-of-network benefits
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- License: New York / 004550-01
- School: University of Chicago
- Year Graduated: 1987
- Certificate: OASAS / DUI Assessments
- Certificate Date: 2014
- Certificate: Contemporary Freudian Society / Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Certificate Date: 2006
- Alcohol Use
- Drug Abuse
- Coping Skills
- Dual Diagnosis
- OASAS Certified DUI and DWI Assessments
- Relationship Issues
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Parent Coaching
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment Referral