If your child is struggling with anxiety, stress, feelings of sadness, or peer problems they are not alone. Sometimes your child or teen needs support to get back on track. I believe in empowering your teen/child with self-knowledge, self-regulation and supportive resources to feel better. In most situations they will be done with weekly therapy in 4-6 months or less, and then you can have "tune up" sessions as needed. Your first phone session is free! As a teacher of clinicians, I am up to date on cutting edge treatment and care. I am also an educational advocate if you need help with navigating the educational system.
Areas of expertise include treatment for depression, trauma, anxiety, and navigating the teenage years and college search. I am well versed in working with parents who need support and have training in the internationally renowned Positive Parenting Program. I am an educational advocate, and can help you with IEP's, or picking the best school for your child.
Please don't hesitate to reach out. I am open to sliding scale for those who are struggling to afford therapy.
Jane Taylor Nelsen
“Positive, solution focused therapy for all ages! Cutting edge training keeps me on top of all the latest interventions and treatments!”
- Session Fee: $175 per session
- Couples Session Fee: $200 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer, Cash, Check, Paypal
Accepted Insurance Plans
- I can create a superbill to submit.
- Kaiser has been covering care with a superbill.
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 31 Years
- License: California / LCS26731
- School: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Year Graduated: 1992
Therapist to children and families since 1992. Have worked inpatient, outpatient, and community, as well as supervision of clinicians.
- Certificate: Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) / Teen/Child/Group
- Certificate Date: 2011
- Certificate: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certificate Date: 2010
- Adolescent and Teens
- Transitional Age Youth 16-25
- Chronic Illness
- Coping Skills
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Culturally Sensitive
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Play Therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Trauma Focused
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Jane Taylor Nelsen