Have you or your children been experiencing increased stress during this difficult time of social distancing? Is your child more emotional, disinterested in school, or struggling to complete homework? Are you running out of ideas for how to help your child? Let me help you, your child, and your family. Often there are simple changes that can be made to help life run more smoothly at home. My experience as a school psychologist, special education teacher, and mother, and my understanding of mental health and child development, provides a unique perspective for problem-solving when your child is struggling.
If your child has ADHD or ASD (autism), I specialize in helping those with uniquely wired brains function better, and understand how to use their strengths and embrace their differences! Often it’s helpful to work with parents, as well, to help improve communication with your child, and to promote positive relationships within the family.
I am here to provide support and real answers when situations feel overwhelming. When a child struggles at home or in learning, it can have a profound impact on their confidence, motivation, identity, and emotional well-being. As a parent, if your child is struggling, you are hurting too. I can help you find hope and help your child find their fit in life.
- Cost per Session: $100 - $120
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: American Express, Cash, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
I will provide documents needed for you to file out-of-network with your insurance provider.
Email me or call (984) 300-3567 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 33 Years
- License: North Carolina / 1936
- School: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Year Graduated: 1991
- Certificate: NC Department of Public Instruction / Educator 656461
- Certificate Date: 2019
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Issues
- Behavioral and Social Skill Interventions
- Coping Skills
- Developmental Disorders
- Education and Learning Disabilities
- Family Conflict
- IEP Consultation and Planning
- Intellectual Disability
- Oppositional Defiance (ODD)
- Peer Relationships
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Children (6 to 10)
- Body Positivity
- Racial Justice Allied
Types of Therapy
- Christian Counseling
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions
- Play Therapy
- Sandtray Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Dana S Breedlove