Clinical Social Work/Therapist, LCSW-R
I am a psychotherapist, psychoanalyst, and supervisor in private practice in New York City. I work with adults and adolescents, individuals and families. I received my masters from New York University and I am a certified psychoanalyst through the Training Institute for Mental Health. I have worked with people looking to improve various aspects of their lives including breakup pain, career path, mood, relationships, depression, anxiety, addictions, obsessional thinking, low self-esteem, fragile self-confidence, destructive behaviors, headaches, digestive problems, back pain, and fatigue.
I use a psychoanalytically informed approach that seeks to understand how primary early experience and relationships have impacted and influenced current self experience. The goal of treatment is to deconstruct problematic relational patterns and self experience and to achieve strengthened connection to one's unique, authentic self.
Therapy with an empathic other inevitably generates new perspective and is curative. Through the psychotherapeutic process, aspects of the unconscious become conscious and you develop the capacity to make the changes you seek. Feel free to come to therapy for a month or two and then assess if it is working for you.
- School: New York University
- License and State: 076696 New York
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Accepted Insurance Plans
- An Out of Network Provider
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Certificate: Training Institute for Mental Health / Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Certificate: Training Institute for Mental Health / Psychoanalysis
- Relationship Issues
- *** Headaches / Back Pain / Stomach Issues ***
- *** Self Image / Self Criticism / Self Esteem ***
- Alcohol Use
- Behavioral Issues
- Career Counseling
- Drug Abuse
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Substance Use
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Licensed Supervisors -