Thank you for stopping by and welcome. If you are struggling with anxiety, uncertainty, or having obsessive, thoughts that have you feeling stuck and anxious maybe even disturbed, please continue reading. Having worked as a professional counselor for 19 years, I have learned the key component of effective therapy is the alliance between the client and therapist. This partnership is based on trust, empathy, and compassion, which is needed to do the deeper work of addressing mental wellness concerns.
I specialize in the treatment of OCD and anxiety. The methods I use are considered evidence-based, such as exposure and response prevention (ERP) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). I will also recommend lots of self-compassion and humor, especially when your defeatist inner critic chimes-in (it will). In short, I offer hope.
Deepak Chopra stated, "The best use of imagination is creativity. The worst use of imagination is anxiety." I believe this truth to the core of my being. If this has piqued your interest, please reach out for a 15-minute consultation to have your questions answered. Thank you for your time.
- Session Fee: $130 per session
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Cigna and Evernorth
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Oscar Health
- United Healthcare Global
- UnitedHealthcare UHC | UBH
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 19 Years
- License: New Mexico / CCMH0207001
- School: Maryville University of St. Louis
- Year Graduated: 2003
I am an NBCC Board Certified Counselor & Certified in Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP). In addition, I'm licensed in CO, TX, MO, & IL.
- Membership: International OCD Foundation
- Membership: Anxiety & Depression Association of America
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
- Life Transitions
- Medication Referral
- Men's Issues
- OCD Specialist
- Self Esteem
- Gay Allied
- Lesbian Allied
- Open Relationships Non-Monogamy
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Inference-CBT for OCD
- Motivational Interviewing
Armando De La Garza