Marina Makous currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Dr. Makous a Fellowship in Neuropsychiatry-trained, Board-Certified Family Medicine Physician with extensive experience in Psychiatry and Counseling. In the past she established mental health clinics around the world, treating individuals from different cultures for a variety of mental illnesses. After a 2-year Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuropsychiatry at Columbia University's Department of Psychiatry, she stayed on as an Assistant Professor. She recently relocated to Exton, PA, where she treats adults with depression, anxiety, neuropsychiatric complications of Lyme, etc. Dr. Marina Makous is astute, warm, and collaborative: she listens to her patients and follows them to ensure the best treatment outcome possible.
Dr. Makous listens carefully and attends to the whole person. She is knowledgeable about integrative psychiatry and is skilled at detecting various medical conditions, including bacterial and viral infections presenting as a psychiatric illness. She provides compassionate, thorough, and attentive evaluation, counseling, pharmacologic and integrative treatment of various psychological and psychiatric symptoms and conditions.
Dr. Makous is "out-of-network" and does not work directly with insurance. Payment for services is expected at the time of the office visit. Dr. Makous provides a receipt at the end of each visit with diagnostic and procedure codes that may be submitted to the insurance for possible reimbursement.
- Cost per Session: $200 - $300
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer, American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, Health Savings Account, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa, Wire
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 29 Years
- License: Pennsylvania / MD047146L
- School: Columbia University Neuropsychiatry Fellowship
- Year Graduated: 2015
- Certificate: American Academy of Family Medicine Diplomate
- Certificate: International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society
- Medication Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Integrative Psychiatry, Lyme&Chronic Ds
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- PANDAS, PANS, Autoimmune Encephalopathy
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Women's Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Complementary and Alternative, Life style, Herbal
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical Behavior (DBT)
- Family Systems
- Integrative Psychiatry
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)