I work best with motivated adults,couples and teens open to introspection who seek to understand the complexity of their problems. I prescribe medication as needed in conjunction with dynamic psychotherapy. I am certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1969) and a graduate of the Downstate Psychoanalytic Institute certified in Psychoanalysis (1975). As regards fee arrangements, I work flexibly with those patients who have out of network coverage as part of their insurance plans.
Psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy or psychoanalysis seeks to explore the unique meanings, including unconscious determinants, of symptoms, personality traits and behaviors to facilitate more adaptive means of coping and change. The individual's past and the social/cultural context of their present life are a necessary part of this exploration.
I apply psychoanalytic approaches flexibly to encourage individuals to identify their conflicts and vulnerabilities gradually as they are prepared to do so. My technique has been influenced and enriched by teaching and supervising other professionals, forty years of clinical practice with a wide range of patients, and my own life experiences.
- Cost per Session: $250 - $350
Pay By: ACH Bank transfer, Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
- I do not accept Medicare or Medicaid
- Only accept out-of network plans
- Out of Network
Please check with your insurer if you have out-of-network coverage.
Email me or call (973) 404-0985 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 55 Years
- License: New Jersey / 25MA02195400
- School: New Jersey College Medicine and Dentistry
- Year Graduated: 1963
- Board Certification: Psychiatry and Neurology-1969
- Certificate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Medication Management
- Narcissistic Personality (NPD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Elderly Persons Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
- Gay Allied
Types of Therapy