My ideal patient is one who is willing and motivated to work together with me, as a team, to help figure out what is contributing to their struggles and how to work through it. It's frequently an iterative process whereby we make progress together over time. Sometimes it seems relatively simple, but frequently it's not. The keys are to keep going, to keep working at it, to never give up, to not shy away from complexity, and to be willing to begin anywhere. The wisdom of knowing when to keep working at solving a problem vs when to work towards acceptance is only achieved through our authentic best efforts over time.
I am a psychiatrist who specializes in using the entire spectrum of modalities to help not just diagnose, but to truly figure out the cause and best course of treatment for patients suffering from any manner of depression, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, addiction or other related symptoms or problems.
I'd like to get to know you, understand your troubles, and how we might be able to work together to address them.
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- BlueCross and BlueShield
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Out of Network
We are currently in network for Blue Cross Blue Shield and Medicare. We can give you a superbill for out of network insurances.
Email me or call (708) 787-8470 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 13 Years
- License: Illinois / 036135873
- School: SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Year Graduated: 2004
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology 2012
Completed psychiatry residency training at SUNY Upstate Medical University in 2009 & Dynamic Deconstructive Psychotherapy fellowship in 2010
- Certificate: American Board of Addiction Medicine / 2014240
- Certificate Date: 2014
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Chronic Pain
- Integrating psychotherapy and psychopharmacology
- Medication Management
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Trauma and PTSD
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Dynamic Deconstructive Psychotherapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Evan O Foster Deranja