I am a Columbia-trained Board Certified Psychiatrist who treats adults (18+) struggling with a variety of symptoms and difficult emotional or relational circumstances. As a medical doctor, I am trained to assess whether medications are indicated for you, and if so, to help you evaluate the options and supervise you throughout your treatment. I also provide psychodynamic psychotherapy, an effective therapy that can be used alone or in combination with medication management. I welcome working with various cultural backgrounds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. For more info, message me at www.alexandramartinsmd.com/contact.
* Adjustment disorders (with depression or anxiety) * Insomnia * Difficulties with life transitions and role changes * Mood disorders (e.g. depression and bipolar disorder) * Anxiety disorders (including OCD, GAD, and panic disorder) * Personality disorders * Trauma and trauma-related disorders (e.g. PTSD) * Adult inattention (e.g. ADHD)
Dr. Martins does NOT participate with or accept Medicare or private/commercial insurance plans; you are billed directly. Please visit www.alexandramartinsmd.com and submit a Contact form to learn about Dr. Martins' fees. Dr. Martins holds medical licenses in NY and CT and temporarily in NJ (through TERL program during the COVID-19 pandemic).
Take the first step to help. Call Alexandra R. Martins, M.D. PLLC now - (914) 208-2086
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Out of Network
I do not participate with Medicare or private/commercial insurance carriers.
Call (914) 208-2086 with questions.
- License: New York / 241860
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Transitions
- Medication Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
Ethnicity: Hispanic and Latino
I also speak: Portuguese and Spanish
Types of Therapy
Alexandra R. Martins, M.D. PLLC