How to activate your brain's superpowers.
Verified by Psychology Today
Great article! I agree with others that these types of behaviors are difficult, especially if you suffer from physical and/or mental illness. I want to work on these skills so I turned them into "dos" instead of "don'ts". I chose the specific points that I want to emphasize for each item.
• Feeling sorry for myself is a choice
• Take back my power
• Embrace change
• Practice acceptance
• Be authentic
• Take calculated risks
• Focus on the present and plan for the future
• Learn from my mistakes
• Admire other’s success
• If at first I don’t succeed…
• Make the most of alone time
• The universe doesn’t owe me anything
• True change takes time and hard work
Anyone can develop a mental illness. But these strategies can reduce the risk.
Ranked in order from most to least popular.
Powerful tactics to prevent toxic people from draining your mental strength.
Get the help you need from a therapist near you–a FREE service from Psychology Today.