The COVID crisis throws into relief what happens when grief has—quite literally—nowhere to go. The evidence suggests that most people summon strengths that surpass their own expectations.
Verified by Psychology Today
1) Take into account women under hormonal treatment because several studies showed contraceptive pills users make different mate choices, on average, compared to non-users. "Only short-term but not long-term partner preferences tend to vary with the menstrual cycle".
2) People often report partner preferences that are not compatible with their choices in real life. (Behavioural recommender systems or other system that learns your preferences are useless) Do NOT offer "Go on dates with people who like what you like" because If man A likes playing cards and woman B also likes playing cards, that does not mean man A likes woman B, or woman B can like man A with the same intensity or interest. Compatibility is STRICT PERSONALITY SIMILARITY and not "meet other people with similar interests"
3) The BIG 5 (Big Five) normative personality test is OBSOLETE. Do not use it any more. The HEXACO (a.k.a. Big Six) is another oversimplification. Online Dating sites have very big databases, in the range of 20,000,000 (twenty million) profiles, so the BIG5 model or the HEXACO model are not enough for predictive purposes. That is why I suggest the 16PF5 test instead.
4) Genetic information is not useful for the Online Dating Industry.
Please remember personality = temperament + character
Personality is composed of two basic types of traits:
traits that an individual acquires, dimensions of character;
traits with biological underpinnings (genetics), dimensions of temperament (Cloninger 1987).
5) Personality Based Recommender Systems are the next generation of recommender systems because they perform far better than Behavioural ones (past actions and pattern of personal preferences)
That is the only way to improve recommender systems, to include the personality traits of their users. They need to calculate personality similarity between users but there are different formulas to calculate similarity. In case you had not noticed, recommender systems are morphing to .......... compatibility matching engines, as the same used in the Online Dating Industry since years, with low success rates!!! because they mostly use the Big5 to assess personality and the Pearson correlation coefficient to calculate similarity.
Please remember: Personality traits are highly stable in persons over 25 years old to 45 years old.
Also for matching job seekers with employers, the best predictor of job performance is always: personality!!!
The Wall Street Journal had published an interesting article about Xerox.
"When looking for workers to staff its call centers, Xerox Corp. used to pay lots of attention to applicants who had done the job before. Then, a computer program told the printer and outsourcing company that experience doesn't matter. The software said that what does matter in a good call-center worker—one who won't quit before the company recoups its USD5,000 investment in training—is personality. "
6) Show compatibility distribution curves for each and every dater. i.e. if you are a man seeking women, to show how compatible you are with a 20,000,000 women database, and to select a bunch of 100 women from 20,000,000 women database.
7) What is important in attracting people to one another IS NOT important in making couples happy. Compatibility is all about a high level on personality similarity between prospective mates for long term mating with commitment.
Without offering the NORMATIVE16PF5 (or similar test measuring exactly the 16 personality factors) for serious dating, it will be impossible to innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry
8) The mobile concept evolving. What means mobile for the majority of the persons? SmartPhones? Tablets? All-in-one computers with wi-fi you can take from dining room to the bedroom?
In the near future everything will be mobile. Please read EXCELLENT research! Mobile's Impact on Dating and Relationships.
With less than USD10 Million you can copycat eHarmony
innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry, killing those old & obsolete sites forever.
WorldWide, there are over 5,000 -five thousand- online dating sites
but no one is using the 16PF5 (or similar) to assess personality of its members!
but no one calculates similarity with a quantized pattern comparison method!
but no one can show Compatibility Distribution Curves to each and every of its members!
but no one is scientifically proven! No actual online dating site is "scientifically proven" because no one can prove its matching algorithm can match prospective partners who will have more stable and satisfying relationships -and very low divorce rates- than couples matched by chance, astrological destiny, personal preferences, searching on one's own, or other technique as the control group in a peer reviewed Scientific Paper for the majority (over 90%) of its members.
Get the help you need from a therapist near you–a FREE service from Psychology Today.