Loneliness is a complex problem of epidemic proportions, affecting millions from all walks of life.
Verified by Psychology Today
Kane likes this article.
Kane has sent Tamara a friend request.
Kane and Tamara are now friends.
Seriously though, I have been Facebook free for over a year and have never looked back. Sure, I have lost touch with my old "high school" friends who I never really kept in touch with anyway, but I will always have my close friends and family--and I don't need Facebook for that.
In case anyone was wondering, the best way to quit Facebook is to:
1. Generate a totally random password in your choice of text editor, then "copy"
2. Log into Facebook one last time and change your password
3. "Paste" your new password
4. Close your text editor and obviously don't save the file
5. Reboot (to clear out the password from memory)
6. Keep Calm and be Facebook Free
On dealing with complex emotions.
The Limits of Labels
Research on the risks of becoming attuned to our partners' emotions.
Get the help you need from a therapist near you–a FREE service from Psychology Today.