There's new evidence that depression is not just a disorder of the mind.
Verified by Psychology Today
Here's a list of things I would like to contribute to the purpose of a school system:
- learning to collaborate effectively with others, as opposed to become obedient
- learn to be curious and to enjoy building excellent ideas out of thoughts and approaches contributed by more than one person
- learn to recognize stand-out contributions from individuals without envy so that one is better able to develop it and not sabotage it
- learn to be humble about one's own great ideas so that others are interested in developing them
- learn to enjoy learning just for the joy of knowing things
- foster creativity
- foster problem definition/hypothesis formation and systems for solving them effectively
- welcome diversity of thought from diverse people
- build strong individuals who can also effectively work with others to solve the unpredictable problems of the future
Some problems can be solved best by taking a break from trying to solve them.
Converging evidence shows a major shift toward independence around age 4.
Attending an elite college provides no long-term advantage to most students.
Get the help you need from a therapist near you–a FREE service from Psychology Today.