Values are what bring distinction to your life. You don't find them, you choose them. And when you do, you're on the path to fulfillment.
Verified by Psychology Today
Here's a list of things I would like to contribute to the purpose of a school system:
- learning to collaborate effectively with others, as opposed to become obedient
- learn to be curious and to enjoy building excellent ideas out of thoughts and approaches contributed by more than one person
- learn to recognize stand-out contributions from individuals without envy so that one is better able to develop it and not sabotage it
- learn to be humble about one's own great ideas so that others are interested in developing them
- learn to enjoy learning just for the joy of knowing things
- foster creativity
- foster problem definition/hypothesis formation and systems for solving them effectively
- welcome diversity of thought from diverse people
- build strong individuals who can also effectively work with others to solve the unpredictable problems of the future
As I took my morning bike ride, I imagined how I would change if I were Black.
Monitoring, structuring, and protecting reduce children’s activity and health.
How could your local library best serve your family's and community’s needs?
Get the help you need from a therapist near you–a FREE service from Psychology Today.