Top Pacific Heart Stories of 2016-2017
My most popular posts of the year
Posted Apr 05, 2017
Thanks to my editors and readers for another great year of blogging for Psychology Today! It's been a tumultuous year in the realm of the psyche. My blog's subheading ("Psychiatry, Spirituality and Culture") has become even more relevant with the year's events. Over the next year, I hope to continue bringing you essays bridging those three subject areas, as well as publish my book on the psychology of social networks through a Buddhist lens. To be the first to know about that endeavor, sign up for an occasional newsletter at www.RaviChandraMD.com.
Here were my top posts:
- Compassion for Trump? Outrage is all the rage - but where might compassion take us? This post garnered me an interview with the BBC.
- Rome, Georgia: The Small Town Capital of Nice An interview with Evie Mcneice, Rome's former mayor about the challenges and strengths of small town life.
- Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder A response to another blogger's desultory conclusion that looks are the most important thing, and we should just resign ourselves.
- Grit: Is It Baloney? Challenging Angela Duckworth's contentions about Grit. Sorry, Professor Duckworth, I still haven't read your book, but plan to soon.
- There was a three way tie for fifth place:
- A Noble Sadness: The Benefits of Sorrow
- Could #Striving be the new #Woke?
- Sense and Sensibility - and Sexting? A Wake-Up Call
Three blog posts from the very end of last year were very high performers this year:
- #Oscarssowhite: Antidote for Anti-Asian Racism is CAAMFest
- Social Media - Do We Need a Medium?
- Trump's Language: Psychology, Politics & Danger of Disgust
My guest blogger and colleague, Nicole Hsiang, MFT, posted three articles that did very well:
- When Asian American Men Seek Therapy: The Invisible Struggle
- Asian American Men: Breaking Through the Bamboo Ceiling
- The Shadow Side to Being an Asian American Over-Achiever
Thanks again for reading and sharing!
c) 2017, Ravi Chandra, M.D. D.F.A.P.A.
Occasional Newsletter to find out about my books-in-progress on the psychology of social networks (Facebuddha) and insecurity and vulnerability (The iBomb) www.RaviChandraMD.com
Newsletter for my compassion and self-compassion groups: www.sflovedojo.org
Private Practice: www.sfpsychiatry.com
Facebook: Ravi Chandra, Psychiatrist and Writer
For info on books and books in progress, see here and www.RaviChandraMD.com