Create a Prosperity Mindset
10 steps to attract abundance into your life and thrive like never before.
Posted November 30, 2020 | Reviewed by Lybi Ma
Life is not like a pizza or cake in the sense that if we take an extra piece this will take away from someone else. The abundance out there in the Universe is infinite. This means that there is literally no end to the good things that can land in our laps.
However, many of us are walking around out there on autopilot, day after day, without this concept anywhere near our conscious thought. How tragic. Even worse, we have often developed “prosperity blockers” of which we are also unaware.
The first of these is believing that there is only so much goodness to go around and we mustn’t be greedy. After all, having more than others is bad.
Next, many people, underneath it all, do not feel worthy of good things happening. Even if the Universe tosses them a generous gift, they will often find an unconscious way to refuse it. This creates a vicious cycle, as the perpetual focus on lack will attract more lack. This is how it works.
The third big one that blocks prosperity is busy-ness. When we are zooming around like gerbils on crack we become far too distracted to notice the generous gifts being offered to us, whether this is a new relationship, job opportunity, or a best-selling novel just dying to be written. And, just like anyone else when they are ignored, the Universe will find someone else to love this person, fill the new position, or write the novel.
Lastly, there are some people who become overly focused on the prosperity of others, often becoming jealous and even resentful. Stop doing this. The prosperity of others is not our business, and remember that there is no shortage of abundance. Someone else's success does not take away from us.
Shifting ourselves away from the prosperity blockers and creating a prosperity mindset is about opening ourselves up and being receptive to universal abundance. This is key to a thriving lifestyle.
Here is how to make it happen:
1. Remind yourself that universal abundance is infinite. A great way to do this is to get a visual. Venture outside on a clear night and gaze out at the stars. Breathe deeply and really take this in, the vastness of our galaxy, and the countless others beyond the Milky Way.
2 Accept that you deserve to prosper. It is our birthright to be happy and thrive in all ways possible.
3. Jump off the wheel. As we have been conditioned by society to be human—doings this may take some effort. Become aware of your momentum and resist the urge to mindlessly spin around on autopilot. Choose to live deliberately.
4. Create a vacuum. To receive a gift, there must be room for it. Think about small children digging a hole on the beach. Once they have created this space the ocean fills it up. The Universe works the same way. Create empty space and it will be filled up with abundance.
5. Open your arms wide. Make this your daily practice. Swing your arms out to the side and proclaim, with gratitude, that you are open and receptive to the infinite abundance the Universe has to offer.
6. Rejoice in the small. We first must learn to recognize prosperity before this can become a habit and then a lifestyle. Notice the small doses of prosperity. Say thank you. This will attract more prosperity.
7. Accept compliments. Even if this is uncomfortable for you, do it anyway. With practice, it will become easier.
8. Smile every day. It is amazing how many people are focused on becoming wealthy, yet they do not make it a priority to smile. Smiling tricks the brain into thinking it’s happy. Happy attracts more happy.
9. Wish others well. Rather than allowing ourselves to be sucked down the black hole of jealousy and resentment when we notice others prospering, wish them well silently in your head.
10. Three things. Acquire a journal and jot down three things you are grateful for each day when you wake up. Make sure to include the words, “I am grateful for . . . “
And, as Star Trek’s Mr. Spock would say, “Live long and prosper . . .”
Hay, L. (1987). You can heal your life. Carlsbad, CA: Hay House, Inc.