20 Quotes About Laughter
Enjoy these quotes about the benefits of laughter.
Posted March 28, 2013 | Reviewed by Gary Drevitch
As someone who has had the phrase "overly serious but working on it" in their social media bios for the past year, I thought that it might be time to lighten up. I decided to look for some quotes about laughter that would help me take a break from my serious side.
Hope you enjoy reading these and laugh a little in the process!
- At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. — Jean Houston
- I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. — Woody Allen
- Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. — Victor Borge
- A person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused. — Shirley MacLaine
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. — Charlie Chaplin
- If you're too busy to laugh, you are too busy. — Proverb
- If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. — Jimmy Buffett
- Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on. — Bob Newhart
- We don't laugh because we're happy – we're happy because we laugh. — William James
- A laugh is a smile that bursts. — Mary H. Waltdrip
- The earth laughs in flowers. — e.e. Cummings
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death. — Robert Fulghum
- Laughter is an instant vacation. — Milton Berle
- You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants. — Stephen King
- I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh. — Maya Angelou
- The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter. — Mark Twain
- I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. — Billy Joel
- Laughter is carbonated holiness. — Anne Lammott
- It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart. — Martin Luther King Jr.
- Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection. — Jakob Smirnoff