13 Quotes to Help You Face Your Fears
Do what you think you cannot
Posted Oct 11, 2012
1) Abraham Maslow, psychologist: "I have learned the novice can often see things that the expert overlooks. All that is necessary is not to be afraid of making mistakes, or of appearing naive."
2) Bill Cosby, comedian: "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it."
3) Gandhi, spiritual/political leader: "The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear."
4) Winston Churchill, UK politician. statesman; former British Prime Minister: "When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened."
5) Judy Blume, author: “Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.”
6) Don Miguel Ruiz, author, speaker, Shaman: Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive—the risk to be alive and express what we really are."
7) Ralph Waldo Emerson, essayist, poet, philosopher: "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."
8) Dale Carnegie, speaker, writer: "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
9) Oprah Winfrey, television pioneer, actress/producer: “The thing you fear most has no power. Your fear of it is what has the power. Facing the truth really will set you free.”
10) Henry Ford, US indistrialist: "One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
11) Frank Sinatra, singer, actor: "Fear is the enemy of logic."
12) Colin Powell, US statesman; four-star general: "Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers."
And of course, the classic ...
13) Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
If you have a favorite quote on facing fears, feel free to share it below.
© 2012 Sherrie Bourg Carter, All Rights Reserved