25 Quotes on Boredom
Quotes on the feeling of ennui.
Posted Jan 25, 2013
Boredom...is the fault of the person who experiences it? Read these quotes to find out more.
- Boredom is the root of all evil – the despairing refusal to be oneself. – Soren Kierkegaard
- The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom. – Arthur Schopenhauer
- Boredom is just the reverse side of fascination: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other. – Arthur Schopenhauer
- Boredom: The desire for desires. – Leo Tolstoy
- I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom. – Thomas Carlyle
- To do the same thing over and over again is not only boredom: it is to be controlled by rather than to control what you do. – Heraclitus
- Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty - his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure. – Aldous Huxley
- Perhaps the world’s second worst crime is boredom. The first is being a bore. – Jean Baudrillard
- She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn’t boring. – Zelda Fitzgerald, The Collected Writings
- There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people. – G.K. Chesterton
- Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves? – Friedrich Nietzsche
- The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating habits. – Albert Camus, The Plague
- “I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.” – Louis C.K.
- Boredom is the conviction that you can’t change…the shriek of unused capacities. – Saul Bellow, The Adventures of Augie March
- Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. – Susan Ertz
- He had been bored, that's all, bored like most people. Hence he had made himself out of whole cloth a life full of complications and drama. – Albert Camus, The Fall
- When people are bored, it is primarily with their own selves that they are bored. – Eric Hoffer
- Boredom is the fear of self. – Marie Josephine de Suin
- My despair is less despair than boredom and loneliness. – Anthony Swofford, Jarhead
- I am convinced that boredom is one of the greatest tortures. If I were to imagine Hell, it would be the place where you were continually bored. – Erich Fromm, The Dogma of Christ
- Boredom is the deadliest poison. – William F. Buckley, Jr., Milestones
- The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. – Ellen Parr
- In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice. – Richard Bach
- There’s no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes, Crazy, yes. But there’s no excuse for boredom, ever. – Viggo Mortensen
- Unless a man has been taught what to do with success after getting it, the achievement of it must inevitably leave him a prey to boredom. – Bertrand Russell
Be sure to check out my website.
Copyright 2013 Sarkis Media LLC