10 Acts of Love to Bring You Closer
Creating romance in your relationship is something everyone thinks about.
Posted July 8, 2019 | Reviewed by Gary Drevitch
- Taking the time to create romance in your relationship is paramount to creating a fulfilling love life.
- Even if you think your ideas are silly, your partner will be thrilled that you took the time to do something loving for them.
- Creating romance in your relationship is something everyone thinks about, but few people do.
Creating romance in your relationship is something everyone thinks about, but few people do. Perhaps it’s because they actually can’t think of exactly what to do. Here are 10 “acts of love” that you can do with or for your partner to bring a little more romance into your relationship.
- Make your morning time special by bringing your partner a cup of coffee while your lover is still in bed. If you’re willing and able you can also serve them breakfast in bed. It will make your partner feel cherished and the kindness will be returned.
- Make the time at the end of the workday when you first see one another extra special by giving each other a 10-second hug and kiss. You will both feel more deeply connected throughout the evening. Also remember to touch your partner affectionately throughout the day, not just when you want to be romantic.
- Make time to make time. Plan a romantic rendezvous during the week. You can get a room at a local hotel or plan to have the house all to yourselves. Just the anticipation of being together in this way will add spark to your romantic life.
- Whenever you can, take the time to give your partner 100 percent of your attention when they want to talk to you. Put down the remote control or whatever you’re reading, face your partner, and say, “What would you like to talk about?” It will make your partner feel loved and important to you.
- Take the time to tell your partner that they look wonderful, beautiful, sexy, or great. We all have doubts about our looks and hearing that we are attractive to our partners is a very important part of creating a romantic relationship.
- Before you leave in the morning tell your partner that you are looking forward to seeing them when you return. Never leave the house without acknowledging your partner or saying, “I love you.”
- Next time you are shopping alone, get a couple of little “surprise gifts” for your partner. The next time he or she is feeling down, give them one. This is a wonderful, uplifting act of love that will be remembered for a long time.
- If your partner is having a rough day, offer to take them out or make dinner for them. If they are the one who usually does the cooking this will be a welcome change and a sign of your appreciation. If they are experiencing stress at work, it will be a great way for them to unwind from a tough day.
- Be spontaneous: Rent a convertible and kidnap your partner for a drive up the coast for lunch or dinner. This is a wonderfully romantic and very simple thing to do. If you want to be a little more extravagant, you can spend the night at a bed-and-breakfast and drive home the next day.
- Get your partner some roses. Take one of them and pull off the petals. Drop the petals on the floor leading to the bedroom and place several petals on the bed. Put the other roses in a vase on the nightstand. Your partner will never forget your thoughtfulness. This one is terribly romantic, so don’t try it unless you’re ready for a passionate evening.
Don’t try to do everything on this list in the same weekend; one a month is plenty. These ideas just represent a little help to get you started. Once you get going, more will come to you on your own.
Taking the time to create romance in your relationship is paramount to creating a fulfilling love life. Even if you think your ideas are silly, your partner will be thrilled that you took the time to do something loving for them. Remember: It’s the thought that counts.
Facebook image: Olena Yakobchuk/Shutterstock