Ten Ways to Put Magic Back Into Your Relationship
Trust the love that you feel and the person who is giving it to you.
Posted July 15, 2013
Putting the passion back into your relationship isn’t rocket science. All is takes is the desire and some communication. From there you can take it just about anywhere you want. Approach this area playfully and remember to listen to your partner as you explore each other and find new ways of relating.
1. Be aware of your partner’s needs. Most people with great romantic lives have them because they are more concerned with pleasing their partners than with pleasing themselves. By being a giving lover, the pleasure will come back to you many times over.
2. Acknowledge small acts of romance. It is usually the little things that make a big difference: little kisses, pulling out chairs, taking one another’s arm as you stroll to the movie theater. Letting your mate know you like these actions will keep them coming.
3. When you get a romantic idea, share it. Perhaps you want to do something totally unusual, or maybe there is an adventure you have always wanted to have with your mate. Doing new things helps increase your bond and your romantic intimacy.
4. Don't be afraid to deal with shyness. Every couple has those moments. As we age, our bodies change and we notice different things about ourselves. We can also become shy about asking our partners for affection when it only happens upon occasion.
5. Think of one thing that would make your romantic relationship better. And ask your partner to do the same. Compare notes and then just do it. You will both be smiling afterwards.
6. Be demonstrative and show that you care. All the words in the world cannot convey what is communicated in a deep and passionate kiss. Light affection like caresses and holding hands actually deepens a relationship and should always be a part of your connection.
7. Appreciate the gesture, even if the timing is off a little. If you rebuff your mate, it may be a while before he or she tries again. If you aren’t in the mood at the moment, give your loved one a little kiss and say you will be ready later. That way your lover has something to look forward to.
8. Be sure to talk about sex, and what does and doesn’t make you comfortable. Those couples who communicate about sex have more satisfying romantic lives. Appropriate boundaries make you feel safe, and you can always change your mind.
9. When time has passed. If it’s been a while since the two of you have exchanged affection, you may need to spend a few nights just cuddling and feeling close. For many, that is just as intimate as sex.
10. Feeling the bond with the one you love is very powerful. It will make kisses deeper and lovemaking more passionate, and it will make you feel much better about life in general.
Trust the love that you feel and the person who is giving it to you. Couples who gently explore each other romantically have a connection that can withstand the test of time.
Dr. Goldsmith's Website
Dr. Goldsmith's Facebook
Dr. Goldsmith's Tweets
Dr. Goldsmith's LinkedIn