8 Ways to Keep Your Life Moving in the Right Direction
Happiness does come from moving forward
Posted Jul 08, 2013
Many people feel that they can’t seem to get their lives moving in the right direction. If you embrace the attitudes below, you will find it much easier to get where you want to go.
- Respect yourself. Without self-respect, you will not have the confidence you need to participate in the world and fulfill your dreams. Being unable to respect yourself is a sign that you need to do some inner healing. Once you have, life can be wonderful again.
- Get emotional support. The energy you get from those people who care about you is a gift. It’s important to remember that those who have close relationships and friendships with others generally live longer and fuller lives. When you feel the need, reach out to someone you know cares about you.
- Employ positive thinking. Keeping your thoughts moving in a positive direction not only makes you feel good in the moment but it also staves off anxiety and depression. It also gives you the one thing that we all need to keep our lives moving forward: hope. The more you employ positive thinking, the longer the effects last.
- Show self-awareness. Knowing who you are and what your purpose is on the planet is one of the keys to happiness. If you don’t know what you want to do with your life at the moment, begin by looking at what you’ve done before that’s made you happy and start creating a list of things that might make you feel that way again.
- Display kindness. Some people believe that being kind is a weakness, and nothing could be further from the truth. Kindness can make the difference between success and failure. It can make your life and relationships deeper and more meaningful. It can also change the lives of others in a very profound and positive way. Kindness is a very powerful tool.
- Seize opportunities. Wonderful things pass our way every day. Unfortunately, even though these things may be desirable, some people find it difficult to summon up the energy to go after them. Reach into your heart and find the strength to take on the potential in your life.
- Trust your intuition. When you get a gut feeling, listen to it. If what you want isn’t going to hurt you or anyone else, and the outcome could be a positive one, go for it. Our inner voices can give us a lot of good information and the inspiration we need to help us achieve our goals.
- Don’t hide. If you want to make a difference on the planet or just make a difference for yourself, you have to get out there, so people can see what you are doing. Some people will help, and a few may be detractors, but if you don’t make it known that you want something new, nothing will change for the better.
These tips have helped thousands of people lead fuller lives and discover parts of themselves they have never known. Happiness does come from moving forward. Give it a try.
Dr. Goldsmith's Website
Dr. Goldsmith's Facebook
Dr. Goldsmith's Tweets
Dr. Goldsmith's LinkedIn