10 Ways to Create Magic in Your Relationship
Taking time to create magic in your relationship is paramount
Posted Mar 10, 2011
Creating magical moments in your relationship is something everyone thinks about but few people do. Perhaps it's because they can't think of just what to do.
Here are 10 "acts of love" you can do with and for your partner to bring a little more romance into your relationship.
1. Make your morning time special by taking your partner a cup of coffee in bed. It will make your partner feel cherished and the kindness will be returned.
2. At the end of the workday, give each other a 10-second hug and kiss. You will both feel more deeply connected throughout the evening. Also remember to touch your partner affectionately throughout the day, not just when you want to be romantic.
3. Make time to make time. Plan a romantic rendezvous during the week. Just the anticipation of being together in this way will add spark to your romantic life.
4. Take the time to give your partner 100 percent of your attention when he or she wants to talk. Put down the remote control or whatever you're reading, face your partner and say, "What would you like to talk about?" It will make your partner feel loved and important to you.
5. Tell your partner he or she looks wonderful, beautiful, sexy or great. Hearing we are attractive to our partners is a very important part of creating a romantic relationship.
6. Before you leave for the day, tell your partner you look forward to seeing each other later. Never leave the house without acknowledging your mate or saying, "I love you."
7. Next time you are shopping alone, get a couple of little "surprise gifts" for your partner. The next time he or she is feeling down, give one of the gifts. It's an uplifting act of love and will be remembered for a very long time.
8. If your partner is having a rough day, offer to buy or make dinner for them. After a stressful day, it will be a great way for you to unwind from a tough day.
9. Be spontaneous; rent a convertible and kidnap your partner for a drive up the coast for lunch or dinner. This is a wonderfully romantic and very simple thing to do. If you want to be a little more extravagant, you can choose to spend the night at a bed and breakfast and drive home the next day.
10. This one is terribly romantic, so don't try it unless you're ready for a passionate evening. Get your partner two or more roses. Take one of them and pull off the petals. Drop the petals on the floor leading to the bedroom and place several petals on the bed. Put the other roses in a vase on the nightstand. Your partner will never forget your thoughtfulness.
Don't try to do everything on this list in the same weekend; one a month is plenty. These ideas are just a little help to get you started. Once you get going, more ideas will come to you.
Taking the time to create romance in your relationship is paramount to creating a fulfilling love life. Even if you think your ideas are silly, your partner will be thrilled that you gave the thought and took the time to do something loving and giving.