The Ten Most Important Things To Remember
Common sense ain't all that common.
Posted Jan 28, 2011
To make the proper choices in life we have to make priorities. Here are ten things that I believe are among the most important to remember.
1. The most important thing parents can do for their kids is to have a good relationship with each other. This is where children get their lessons in life on how to be with another person. Set a good example.
2. The most important thing a man can do for his love is to cherish them. If your mate feels your love and knows that you are there for them, it creates a very strong foundation.
3. The most important thing a woman can do for her partner is to be a great cheerleader. We all need to know that we are the star player in the eyes of the person we love.
4. The most important thing to know about yourself is that you are good enough. You don't have to be the best at anything to have a great life. Don't let anyone's criticism of something you've done keep you from feeling good about yourself.
5. The most important thing to feel is that you are loved. Life without love is just tolerable. I really think that feeling the love, where ever it comes from, is the only way to truly experience life to its fullest.
6. The most important thing to do in life is to contribute to the well-being of humanity. Everything else aside, the knowledge that you have made the world a tiny bit better just by being here and trying to help is a great way to get you through the rough patches.
7. The most important thing to remember is that special person who has been good to you. That teacher in grammar school who helped you discover a special talent you have. The one who won your heart. The person whose name you'll never know who pulled over to help you change a tire.
8. The most important thing to give to yourself is time. Life is a limited window of opportunity. Wasting time (which is different from relaxing) is one of the ways we hurt ourselves. Anger, resentment, feeling too sorry for ourselves, and plotting revenge are just a few of the ways we waste the precious minutes of our lives.
9. The most important thing in the world is the people who are in it. Look, if we were really meant to be alone, there wouldn't be so many of us on the planet. Your mission is to find those deserving of your talents and time and to treasure and share your life with them.
10. The most important thing in life is to feel that you are living it to the best of your abilities. Knowing that you are reaching your potential is comforting. You want your life to end with as few regrets as possible.
These life lessons are just common sense, but I have found over the years that common sense ain't all that common.