Dr. Chris Neuenfeldt is a registered Clinical Psychologist and member of the New Zealand Psychological Society. He completed his studies in Colorado before moving to Aotearoa New Zealand in 2018. Since then, he has practiced in Wellington and Napier, working with clients of all ages. He completed EMDRIA approved Level 1 & 2 pieces of training in 2010 and has advanced training in EMDR and substance use, recent traumatic events, group applications of EMDR, and performance enhancement utilising EMDR.
Dr. Chris utilises psychological assessments to inform his treatment decisions and has experience evaluating: Adult ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder in Adults, Personality Disorders and Neurocognitive issues such as memory impairments.
Dr. Chris lives in the Hawke’s Bay with his Boston Terrier Eleanor, who occasionally makes an appearance during Telehealth sessions. Dr. Chris is an avid cyclist and runner and enjoys the variety of outdoor activities that are available throughout New Zealand.
- Session Fee: $195 per session
Pay By: American Express, Mastercard, Visa
Clients will be provided with a receipt post consultation, where they are able to claim back from their private health insurer if covered.
Email me or call 0800 627 004 x23 with questions.
- Membership: New Zealand Psychologists Board
- Degree: University of Colorado, Colorado Springs / Bachelor of Arts, Psychology & Law
- Degree: University of the Rockies, Denver Colorado / Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology
- Personality Disorders
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Anger Management
- Chronic Pain
- Eating Disorders
- LGBTQI+ Support / Gender Issues
- Neurocognitive Issues such as Memory Impairments
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Sports Performance
- Substance Use
- Trauma and PTSD
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour (DBT)
- Forensic Psychology
- Forensic Work/CourtLetters
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)