Susi Ferrarello Ph.D.
Susi Ferrarello, Ph.D., is an assistant professor at California State University, East Bay. She completed her doctoral studies in philosophy at the Sorbonne in Paris. She also has an M.A. in human rights and political science from the University of Bologna. She received her accreditation in philosophical counseling in New York under the direction of Dr. Lou Marinoff.
Currently, she teaches at the California State University, East Bay and Saybrook University. She has taught courses in language, philosophy, and history, and has lectured and presented papers at universities in the U.S., Italy, Japan, Poland, Belgium, France, and the UK.
Phenomenology of Sex, Love, and Intimacy, Routledge, 2019
Phenomenology of Bioethics: Techno-ethics and Lived-Experience, Springer, 2021
Human Emotions and the Origin of Bioethics, Routledge, 2021
The Role of Bioethics in Human Emotions, Routledge, 2021
Favole da Acquario (Fusibilia, 2019)
AREAS OF COMPETENCY
Phenomenology, Husserl, Moral Psychology, Ethics, Practical ethics & Technology(bioethics, digital health, techno-ethics, medical ethics, environmental ethics, medical humanities), Philosophical foundations of psychological praxis, Ancient philosophy, Greek and Latin
- Finding applications to implement online teaching
- Creating a curriculum for emotional education at school
- A textbook on Ethics for the larger audience
- Publishing my books of tales with drawings
- Collaboration on Philosophy of Algorithms
- Editing two books: one on Empathy and Ethics and another one on the Vulnerability
- Editing a journal issue with the Journal of Philosophy and Medicine on well-being in the present world
- Expanding my practice as a Philosophical Consultant in holistic wellness consulting and arts for individuals and companies
- Workshop to cope with anxiety & burnout for people working in tech