Data Mine: Teens and Fame
Tidbits on teens and fame, the presidency, women, debt, money and work.
By Colin St. John published January 1, 2006 - last reviewed on June 9, 2016
- 31 percent of American teenagers believe they'll become famous one day.
- 20% of teens would like to be the president.
- 2 out of 5 women long for traditional gender roles of the 1950s.
- Nearly 1 out of 3 professional athletes are women.
- Women are 15 times as likely as men to become top executives at major corporations before the age of 40.
- $27 - The amount of cash the average American carries in his or her wallet.
- The average woman has $2,584 in credit card debt; the average man has $3,932.
- A female investment banker's starting salary is about 116 percent of a male's salary.