I work with clients that primarily struggle with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) symptoms and anxiety disorders. My clients experience contamination, responsibility, religious/scrupulosity, relationship, health, symmetry, and 'Pure O' OCD symptoms. I offer formal assessments, treatment proposals, and I regularly educate and support clients to learn specialist skills, tools and techniques to successfully manage their OCD. This includes learning to diffuse from and accept unwanted thoughts, resist the urge to perform compulsions, and improve self-esteem. I am experienced working with mild, moderate, or severe OCD.
I have offered specialist treatment of OCD using intensive and non-intensive therapy for over 10 years, based at The OCD Treatment Centre in Taunton, Somerset. I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a focus on Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) therapy. I also support clients using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
I am a therapist with first-hand experience of OCD and have developed intensive and non-intensive programs for OCD. In addition, as a former OCD sufferer, I know what it's like to experience OCD and fully understand the negative impact this has on a person's life. For this reason, I am passionate about helping clients learn to manage their OCD successfully.
- Session Fee: £90 per session
- Couples Session Fee: £90 per session
Pay By: American Express, Bank transfer, Cash, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
My non intensive therapy can be fully or partially funded by BUPA. I will be accepting AXA insurance from mid 2022.
Email us or call 01823 211758 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 11 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy / 2012
- Degree: Higher Education / Bachelor of Science / 2009
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Thinking Disorders
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbance
- Relationship Issues
- Mood Disorders
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
The OCD Treatment Centre