I work with clients that primarily struggle with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) symptoms and anxiety disorders. My clients experience contamination, responsibility, religious/scrupulosity, relationship, health, symmetry, and 'Pure O' OCD symptoms. I offer formal assessments, treatment proposals, and I regularly educate and support clients to learn specialist skills, tools and techniques to successfully manage their OCD. This includes learning to diffuse from and accept unwanted thoughts, resist the urge to perform compulsions, and improve self-esteem. I am experienced working with mild, moderate, or severe OCD.
I have offered specialist treatment of OCD using intensive and non-intensive therapy for over 12 years, based at The OCD Treatment Centre in Taunton, Somerset. I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with a focus on Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) therapy. I also support clients using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
I am a therapist with first-hand experience of OCD and have developed intensive and non-intensive programs for OCD. In addition, as a former OCD sufferer, I know what it is like to experience OCD and fully understand the negative impact this has on a person's life. For this reason, I am passionate about helping clients learn to manage their OCD successfully.
- Cost per Session: £90 - £125
Pay By: American Express, Bank transfer, Cash, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
I currently accept BUPA insurance, and will be accepting AXA insurance from mid 2022.
Email us or call 01823 589556 with questions.
- Years in Practice: 12 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: Level 4 Diploma is Counselling and Psychotherapy (CPCAB) / 2010
Fully qualified MBACP Therapist with advanced training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma: BSY / The Professional ASC Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma / 2017
- Diploma: Somerset College of Arts and Technology (SCAT) in association with Plymouth University (CPCAB) / Level 4 Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy / 2010
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioural Issues
- Coping Skills
- Eating Disorders
- Self Esteem
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
- Elders (65+)
- Children (6 to 10)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Human Givens
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
The OCD Treatment Centre