Sometimes, our coping strategies, and the ways we relate to others, may become problematic. For instance, you may feel overwhelmed by grief, illness or painful events. Relationships may break down. You may feel anxious or depressed. Psychodynamic psychotherapy offers the opportunity to begin to make sense of what underlies your difficulties, come to terms with your losses and discover new perspectives. I strongly believe that an individual needs to arrive at their own understanding of their situation and of what troubles them. This deeper understanding helps you to find a way forward, and to start to feel better.
I provide a safe space for you to express your thoughts and explore feelings openly. Change takes place as together we experience the repeating patterns in relationships and reflect on the underlying dynamics which are present. I help you make links between what you are doing in the here and now and the way you experience your life and the people in it.
I provide weekly face to face, online and telephone therapy. Please contact me by email or telephone to discuss your therapy needs further and to decide if I am the right therapist for you.
- Cost per Session: £55 - £70
- Sliding Scale: Yes
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: PG Diploma Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (WPF)
- Certificate: Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships / Certificate in Psychodynamic Couples Counselling / 2011
- Certificate: Gestalt / Foundation Certificate in Humanistic Counselling / 2010
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Behavioural Issues
- Domestic Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Narcissistic Personality (NPD)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy