Sarah Cannon-Gibbs currently has a waitlist for new clients.
Hello and welcome. I suspect if you have come across this page it is because you hold some interest in engaging in therapy. Everyone will have their own reason as to why that is the case. I am a chartered psychologist, trained to Doctoral level, with over 10 years experience working in mental health. I believe that everyone has mental health, however, I believe, it occurs a long a spectrum, at varying different degrees and causing varying levels of distress to an individual. Thus, I see my clients as individuals with their own voice, their own story and their own experience of mental health.
My NHS experience has afforded me the opportunity to work with a wide range of difficulties with individuals and couples, including depression, anxiety, emotional instability, impulsive behaviour, intense emotions and interpersonal difficulties. I have sound experience working with, and containing, high levels of emotional distress and work with trauma.
The duration of therapy depends on the individual and their difficulties. Whether, you are accessing therapy for the first time or you are returning to therapy I am conscious that the initial contact can be a big step. Please either drop me an email or telephone my mobile number where we will be able to gauge a little more about how we can work together.
- Membership: Health & Care Professions Council / Counselling Psychologist
- Training: Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University
- Certificate: CORST (College of Sex and Relationship Therapists) / Certificate in Working with Couples&Other Relationships
- Certificate: British Isles DBT Training / 5 day Intensive Dialectical Behaviour Therapy -DBT
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Relationship Issues
- Coping Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
- Sex-Positive, Kink Allied
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour (DBT)