I understand it takes a lot of courage for many people to come to therapy perhaps for the first time or even on each visit, I provide a counselling/psychological therapy service from my home in Westbury Park Bristol which is a safe space and where you will receive a warm welcome. I endeavour to shape the therapy to meet my client’s needs rather than just come from one theory (I do not believe in one size fits all); hence I have an eclectic approach to my work drawn from many years experience in many different settings.
My intention is always to share knowledge with my clients with the view to empower them and provide the tools to self regulate and eventually to become their own therapist so to speak. Another way to express this is that I look to help my client’s manage “it” (whatever “it” is) rather than “it” managing them.
I always provide the first meeting free of charge, there are many different approaches and styles of providing therapy and I think it is important to have the right “fit”. My style perhaps more interactive than some other therapist so I feel it is important to try a session and see for your self.
- Cost per Session: £60
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash
- Years in Practice: 21 Years
- Membership: National Counselling Society / Accredited Registrant
- Training: MA in COUNSELLING (COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL) / 2007
Prior to my MA in CBT I acquired my Diploma in Counselling in 2001 at the University of the West of England (UWE)
- Degree: National Counselling Society / Advanced Dip in Supervision / 2018
- Degree: University of the West of England Bristol / Diploma in Counselling / 2001
- Behavioural Issues
- Men's Issues
- Substance Use
- Thinking Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Qualified Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Schema Therapy
Robert (Bob) Fisher