I have 16 years experience as a senior specialist psychotherapist in the NHS. My approach to both psychological and physiological suffering is to help patients work through their often long-standing personal difficulties, whilst promoting self-acceptance and committed action. An assumption I bring to my clinical practice is that most people want to live their lives in a direction of their choosing and in a way that reflects their personal values. As a therapist, my main focus is on those things that keep us 'stuck', that make it difficult for us to feel connected to the people and things that matter to us.
I am highly qualified in working with chronic pain, depression and anxiety. As a mindfulness teacher and psychotherapist, I bring a flexible, nuanced approach to working with all my patients. I believe wholeheartedly in the ability of each of us to find our own answers to our problems, even though this may at times mean being open to a challenge.
I would be happy to discuss how I can be of help to you over the phone without any obligation. Please, do call. You can find my introductory video @: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq1etkgV8h0
- Session Fee: £65 per session
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash, Paypal
- Years in Practice: 20 Years
- Membership: UK Council for Psychotherapy / Member
- Training: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist / 2003
See my article, 'Understanding Pain', in the May 2021 edition of the BACP magazine, Therapy Today.
- Certificate: Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (Bangor University) / Certificate in Mindfulness-Based Approaches / 2015
- Membership: British Pain Society / professional / 2015
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Sexual Abuse
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Compassion Focused
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Trauma Focused
Neill Anthony Bartlett