Welcome, I’m Michaela and I’m a Relate-trained, BACP registered counsellor with an 11-year specialism in Relationship Therapy. Whether you want to attend as a couple or would like to attend sessions by yourself, I'm passionate about helping you gain greater clarity about your relationship challenges, and supporting you to reach your fullest potential. We can explore a myriad of issues for example: feeling you've drifted apart from your partner, the impact of an affair, navigating parenthood, difficulties in past relationships, a desire to find a new relationship, communication challenges, cyclical arguments, insecurity and so on.
Drawing upon psychodynamic and systemic principles, I work in a collaborative, dynamic way. I ask a lot of questions to really get you thinking about yourself and your relationship in fresh, new ways. By creating a deeper understanding of what’s at the heart of your difficulties, we can use these insights to know how to transform your relationship.
The hardest step can be admitting we need help, it can feel daunting. Our first step is to arrange an initial 60 minute consultation. I can hear more about you to make sure I'm the best person to help, and you can get a feel for me and how I work, we can then decide if we'd like to go ahead and work together.
“I'm passionate about helping couples and individuals work through their relationship challenges to create lasting, meaningful change.”
- Years in Practice: 12 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: Relationship Therapy / 2012
- Certificate: School of Psychotherapy & Counselling Psychology, London / Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling / 2009
- Certificate: The Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships, London / Certificate in Psychodynamic Couple Counselling / 2010
- Relationship Issues
- Marital and Premarital
- Life Transitions
- Self Esteem
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems