I work with people who have experienced trauma in childhood or as an adult. You may be a survivor of physical and/or sexual and/or emotional abuse. You may have experienced loss or tragedy, personal violence or witnessed this. You may have PTSD or Complex PTSD, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts or thoughts of self-harm. Experiencing abuse of any kind can leave you with a whole range of difficult and challenging emotions and reactions, and we can feel confused, scared and unsure of many things. I will offer you an accepting and non-judgemental space to explore your thoughts and feelings on your journey to recovery.
I offer trauma-focused therapy which is an overall approach to therapy rather than one specific approach. I am a qualified EMDR therapist, and I have a Diploma in Trauma Therapy. I integrate Buddhist philosophy and practice with the clinical traditions of modern Western psychology supported by cutting edge neuroscience.
Trauma informed means I am trained and understand the impact of trauma. I understand how this can impact and affect you as an individual and most importantly I am able to help you understand what is happening and help reduce some of the effects of trauma that you may be experiencing. I can help you learn new ways of being-in-the-world.
Take the first step to help. Call or Email Martin Leach now - 01295 237445
- Session Fee: £60 per session
Pay By: Bank transfer
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: I have a Diploma in Trauma Therapy and I am a qualified EMDR therapist
I am a qualified EMDR therapist. I have a Diploma in Trauma Therapy.
- Certificate: EMDR Europe / Four-part accredited training programme / 2020
- Degree: CPCAB / Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Trauma and PTSD
- Sexual Abuse
- Personality Disorders
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Borderline Personality (BPD)
- Complex Needs
- Domestic Abuse
- Self Esteem
- Suicidal Ideation
- Dissociative Disorders (DID)
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Compassion Focused
- Dialectical Behaviour (DBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Trauma Focused
Last Modified: 30 Nov 2022