I have been in private practice for over 20 years specialising in anxiety issues as well as helping people with depression, sleep and stress related issues. My approach is a solution focused one which looks at how to help you move on quickly and effectively. I utilise a range of techniques with the focus on looking at things that work for you and help you feel better as quickly and effectively as possible.
Drawing from a range of approaches including ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) a third wave CBT model as well as Solution Focused Therapy, CBT, Hypnosis and Mindfulness the variety of applications enables me to fit your needs and move you on quickly and effectively.
I am able to do appointment times to suit including evenings and weekends to fit around your work and family needs.
- Cost per Session: £68 - £98
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash, Mastercard, Visa
Accepted Insurance Plans
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 22 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Senior Accredited Member
- Training: I commenced my training with a Post Grad Diploma in Solution Focused Therapy / 2000
- Membership: National Counselling Society / Senior Accredited Registrant
- Anger Management
- Emotional Disturbance
- Life Coaching
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Clinical Supervision and Qualified Supervisors
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Human Givens
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Neuro-Linguistic (NLP)
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Martin James Smith