Whether you are looking for support with anxiety, depression or feeling generally ‘stuck’ and don’t know how to move forward, I can help. You may be low or worried and need new ways to cope, a health professional experiencing burnout, living with a long-term health condition, struggling with appearance-related/body image concerns or want to make healthy lifestyle changes. In our sessions I will use a mixture of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing, depending on your needs. I strive to work in line with my values, which include compassion, kindness and curiosity.
I am a chartered Health Psychologist and work as a health researcher as well as running a small private practice. I have over 15 years of experience working in various health settings, including 8 years in the NHS as a behaviour change specialist.
Together we will develop a plan to learn skills and techniques to help you cope with the challenges you are facing. We will use your values (whatever is most important to you) to help guide the work we do in and out of our sessions, this will make sure you are taking steps towards a meaningful life. I’m very happy to have a chat before you book your session.
- Cost per Session: £110+
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash
Accepted Insurance Plans
- AXA PPP
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 15 Years
- Membership: Health & Care Professions Council / Health Psychologist
- Training: Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology / 2017
Health psychologists are specially trained to help people deal with the psychological and emotional aspects of health and illness.
- Certificate: SDS/British Psychological Society / Level 2 Acceptance & Commitment Therapy / 2021
- Membership: British Psychological Society / Chartered Member
- Chronic Illness
- Appearance related concerns
- Body image
- Coping Skills
- Life Coaching
- Medication Management
- Weight Loss
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
Dr Lisa Hodges