Hi I'm Laura & I am an experienced CBT therapist specialising in the treatment of anxiety and OCD. I am based in Glasgow city centre but offer online therapy to clients throughout the UK. Finding the right therapist can be a daunting task particularly if you are looking for a particular approach or skill set and it's so important to find someone you can trust and connect with. I help clients to identify, challenge and overcome their negative thought processes and unhelpful coping strategies that no longer serve them. I am also knowledgeable and experienced in using exposure response prevention techniques in the treatments of OCD.
CBT is a talking therapy that utilises proven techniques and tools to help develop awareness around negative thinking styles, biased core beliefs and maladaptive coping strategies to promote change. Its a collaborative approach that is guided by the goals you set.
I work commonly with the more "taboo" themes of OCD including POCD and Harm and can provide insight, acceptance and a non-judgemental approach to treatment. I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss any questions you may have. To arrange please email me.
- Cost per Session: £60
Pay By: Bank transfer, Cash, Paypal
Accepted Insurance Plans
- Cigna and Evernorth
Verify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.
- Years in Practice: 7 Years
- Membership: British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member
- Training: SCOTAS Diploma in Counselling: A Cognitive Behavioural Approach / 2017
- Degree: Glasgow Caledonian University / Bsc Psychology / 2012
- Certificate: COSCA / COSCA certificate in counselling skills / 2015
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Self Esteem
- Anger Management
- Behavioural Issues
- Coping Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Suicidal Ideation
- Women's Issues
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Thinking Disorders
- Elders (65+)
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)